Indonesia's Alwi Farhan Reaches Quarterfinals, Jojo Disappointed After Exit

  • 21 Agt 2026 06:06 WIB
  •  Voice of Indonesia
Key Points
  • Alwi Farhan defeated Ayush Shetty 21-19, 21-11 in the round of 16 of the 2026 BWF World Championships.
  • The victory secured Alwi Farhan's place in the quarterfinals with high confidence.
  • The match took place at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, India, on Thursday, August 20, 2026.

RRI.CO.ID, Jakarta - Indonesian men's single shuttler Alwi Farhan avenged his previous defeat to Ayush Shetty in the round of 16 of the 2026 BWF World Championships. The victory secured Alwi's place in the quarterfinals with confidence.

The Indonesian men's singles player won in straight games, 21-19, 21-11. He put on an impressive performance at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, India, on Thursday, August 20, 2026.

"I can't say much, but I am very happy to beat him and avenge my loss to him. There is still tomorrow, and I have reached the quarterfinals," he said in an official statement.

Alwi said Ayush was under pressure from playing at home. He used the situation to stay motivated and control the match. "I have also experienced that moment. So, I took that opportunity to make myself more motivated and control the match," he added.

Meanwhile, another men's singles representative, Jonatan Christie, was eliminated after losing to Rasmus Gemke. Jojo, as he is affectionately known, lost 21-11, 13-21, 18-21.

"In the second game, the pace of my game dropped slightly. And he took advantage of that. This needs to be considered again as an evaluation," he said.

Jojo admitted he was disappointed because he arrived with high hopes and had been well focused. However, he ultimately had to accept defeat against the Danish representative. (Diffa Sephiawardhani)

google-preference

News Recomendation

Latest News

Loading latest news.....