Indonesian Government Sends 253 Tons of Aid to Flores Earthquake Victims

  • 21 Agt 2026 11:16 WIB
  •  Voice of Indonesia

RRI.CO.ID, Jakarta - Indonesian Cabinet Secretary, Teddy Indra Wijaya, said at a press conference at Halim Perdanakusuma Air Base that the government has sent five aircraft carrying an additional 65 tons of logistical supplies to East Nusa Tenggara province for victims of the Flores earthquake. This brings the total amount of logistical aid delivered to 253 tons, with the relief operation now entering its fifth day.

"So, from the first day, 27 tons, through the fifth day, a total of 253 tons of logistics supplies have been transported, including food, beverages, tents, medical supplies, and others needed by locals affected in East Nusa Tenggara," he said in Jakarta on Wednesday, August 19, 2026.

On the occasion, he also said that two relief posts had been established on Flores Island to facilitate the distribution of logistical aid to affected areas. They are located in Labuan Bajo, West Manggarai Regency and Maumere, Sikka Regency.

"In Labuan Bajo, the logistics there will be pushed to other regencies in Manggarai, West Manggarai, East (Manggarai), then Ngada. At the second post in Maumere, they (the aid) will be pushed to Sikka, Ende, then Nagekeo (regencies)," he said.

He added that the distribution of supplies involved helicopters, small aircraft, and three Indonesian Navy ships, in addition to ground vehicles, as all roads are now accessible to vehicles. A hospital ship is also nearing anchorage.

"According to the report from the Minister of Public Works, all land routes have been passable since the second day," Teddy said.

He said the government continues to monitor the disaster response to ensure that it proceeds swiftly and that all logistical supplies reach residents as quickly as possible. He also expressed his appreciation to all parties involved in disaster management in the province.

google-preference

News Recomendation

Latest News

Loading latest news.....