Two Indonesian Crew Members Injured in MV Tihamah Attack to be Repatriated
- 21 Agt 2026 15:01 WIB
- Voice of Indonesia
RRI.CO.ID, Jakarta – Indonesia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said two Indonesian nationals (WNI) who were crew members of the MV Tihamah and victims of an attack in the Red Sea have been transferred to a hospital in Aden, Yemen. Director of the Protection of Indonesian Citizens (PWNI) at the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Heni Hamidah, said that as of August 18, 2026, the two Indonesian crew members, who had previously been receiving treatment at a hospital in Yemen, had been transferred to Prince MDS Hospital in Aden.
“The transfer was carried out with consideration for the security and safety risks faced by the crew members,” Heni said at a press briefing in Jakarta on Thursday, August 20, 2026.
According to her, the hospital in Aden is approximately 271 kilometers from the previous hospital where the two crew members were treated following the incident.
The KBRI Muscat team is currently in Aden to assist and facilitate the repatriation of the two Indonesian crew members to Indonesia in the near future. “Currently, the KBRI Muscat team is also in Aden to assist and facilitate the repatriation of the two crew members, which we will carry out in the near future,” Heni said.
Meanwhile, Heni said that efforts to search for the Indonesian crew member who remains missing are still ongoing by the relevant authorities in Yemen.
“As for the missing Indonesian crew member, search efforts are still being carried out by the relevant authorities in Yemen, and we continue to monitor the search operation,” she said.
Previously, the MV Tihamah was attacked in the Bab el-Mandeb area on August 11, 2026. The incident injured two Indonesian crew members, while another Indonesian crew member remains missing.
News Recomendation
Loading latest news.....