Indonesia Expresses Concern Over Oil Refinery Attack in UAE, Urges Restraint
- 06 Mei 2026 15:15 WIB
- Voice of Indonesia
RRI.CO.ID, Jakarta – The Indonesian government has expressed deep concern over missile and drone attacks targeting an oil refinery facility in Fujairah, United Arab Emirates (UAE). “Indonesia urges all parties to exercise restraint, fully respect the ceasefire agreement, and uphold international law, including the protection of civilian infrastructure,” the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement posted on its official X account on Wednesday, May 6, 2026.
Indonesia assessed that the attack risks escalating tensions, violating the ceasefire agreement, and disrupting supply chain security as well as global energy stability. The government also warned that the worsening situation could expand the impact of the conflict beyond the region.
The government reaffirmed its readiness to support efforts to de-escalate tensions in the Middle East and to promote dialogue toward achieving lasting peace and stability. Amid the escalating conflict, Indonesian citizens in the UAE are advised to remain calm and increase vigilance.
“All Indonesian citizens are urged to remain calm, stay alert, and follow the guidance of local authorities and Indonesian representatives in the UAE,” the ministry stated.
Meanwhile, the Fujairah Media Office reported a major fire at the Fujairah Oil Industry Zone on Monday, May 4, 2026, one of the main energy hubs on the UAE’s east coast, after it was targeted by drones allegedly launched from Iran. Local authorities said three Indian nationals injured in the incident had been taken to hospital for treatment.
However, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) denied carrying out any missile or drone attacks on the UAE in recent days, according to a report by state media IRIB on Tuesday, May 5, 2026.
IRIB, quoting a spokesperson for the IRGC’s Khatam al-Anbiya Headquarters, stated that no such operations had been conducted by Tehran. The IRGC also rejected accusations from the UAE Ministry of Defense as “baseless.”
News Recomendation
Loading latest news.....