Bimo Prasetyo and Arlya Nabila Reflect on Lessons After Early Exit
- 19 Agt 2026 20:26 WIB
- Voice of Indonesia
Poin Utama
- Indonesian mixed doubles pair Bimo Prasetyo and Arlya Nabila Thesya Munggaran were eliminated in the round of 32 at the 2026 BWF World Championships.
- The pair lost in straight games (13–21, 16–21) to 13th-seeded Japanese pair Yuichi Shimogami and Sayaka Hobara in New Delhi on August 19, 2026.
RRI.CO.ID, Jakarta – Indonesia’s mixed doubles pair Bimo Prasetyo and Arlya Nabila Thesya Munggaran admitted that consistency in focus and mental strength will be their main evaluation points after bowing out in the round of 32 at the BWF World Championships 2026 in New Delhi, Wednesday, August 19, 2026.
The duo fell in straight games, 13–21 and 16–21, to Japan’s 13th seeds Yuichi Shimogami and Sayaka Hobara. “Throughout the match our focus was still up and down. When leading or in tight situations, we lost concentration several times,” Bimo said in a PBSI statement, as quoted by Antara.
Despite the defeat, he noted their playing pattern was still able to match the Japanese pair. “From the tactical side, we felt we could keep up with them. But we need to be more consistent in maintaining our mindset and mental strength during crucial points,” he added.
Arlya echoed the sentiment, saying the World Championships provided valuable lessons. “We learned a lot, especially about maintaining focus, handling critical points, and sustaining a lead,” she said.
She also pointed out the need to improve physical strength. “We need to add more arm power so our game can be better going forward,” Arlya concluded.
Their campaign ended after previously edging France’s Julien Maio and Lea Palermo in a tight first-round match, 21–12, 13–21, 22–20. ***
News Recomendation
Memuat berita terbaru.....